Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My sister is going to be waking up to go to work soon. As a resident she’s driving to Sacramento today at 3am and working 14 hour days all week. I got to talk to her about her day after work and I asked her what the worst thing was that she had to deal with today (these conversations are always very blasé in our family) so she told me about a patient who came in today with a distended bowl and vomited four liters of stool. That’s right, vomited 4 liters of shit. I think it took me a second to wrap my head around what that guys thoughts must have been. The conversation went into details after that but I’m sure no one wants to hear it. Anyway I’m proud of her, and it is kind of cool to see her turning into a doctor since I never saw how our dad became one.

No comments: